Sunday, June 30, 2013

You Are Allowed To Feel

Dilek Baykara



I’ve grown up with people telling me what I was feeling wasn’t really what I was feeling. It was all in my head. That it wasn’t right for me to feel the way I did about certain events. And all of that is fucked up. You should never be told that your feelings are invalid. That they don’t make sense. That you shouldn’t feel that way.

You are allowed to feel however the fuck you want about anything. Never believe someone if they tell you you’re crazy for feeling something.

Your feelings, thoughts, hopes, experiences, and dreams are all your own. They all matter if you say they do.

You are not weird because you feel a certain way.

You are allowed to feel anger, sadness, and joy.

If anyone tells you otherwise, fuck’em.

No comments:

Post a Comment